This blog will be about the life and experiences of an active motorcycle courier in the UK who rides all over the UK and into western Europe. http://www.sdsamotorcyclecouriers.co.uk

Saturday, 19 June 2010

Just Had Another Good Run To Holland

I have just had another good run over to Holland, went on the 16th June and came back on 17th June, for once the weather was dry, although very windy between Calais and Ostend on the outbound trip, but once I started to turn inland after Brugge the wind died down a lot.

About 12 miles outside Tilburg on the motorway I got nicked by a car, I was in the inside lane and all of a sudden heard a crunch, a car had come onto my offside and clipped my left mirror pod with his/her wing mirror, my mirror pod lost the battle and got smashed on the tarmac, fortunately that was the only damage and I was able to stop safely on the hard shoulder to inspect the damage.

The trip back was uneventful and the delivery was made in good time.

For anyone going across to Europe in the next week or so and heading north, be aware there are a lot of road works between Calais and Dunkirk at the moment, worth keeping in mind if you are on a deadline!

I got a second hand mirror pod off Struan at A1 Honda in Stamford this morning and I am going to spray both mirror Pod’s matt black this weekend and then we will be ready for whatever next weeks brings.

All the best

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.